Kegorator Beer lines Exposed to surrounding air temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoellhorn82

Reaction score
I have a kegorator that has 4 lines coming out the top and are exposed about 1 1/2 ft to the surrounding air before entering the taps that i have coming through the other side of my wall to my bar. My lines are 3/16 in ID and are aprrox. 8ft long. The system works great yet the foam is quite a bit in the beer glass and i have to wait a few mins for it to die down in order to fill the glass. I have my PSI set at about 12psi. Its not really an issue in that the beer is still carbed and cold but does anyone have any suggestions on how to cut the foam down (like longer lines or higher/lower psi)? I don't want to get into glycol cooloing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Add some pvc pipe around the lines to insilate the lines seal both ends with silicone my setup i get almost foam

14236299866081267423020.jpg

I've seen some people having great success with a fan cooling system. Assuming the wooden section the PVC leads to is a box of sorts with the shanks and beer lines in them, simply add another run on PVC pipe back to the kegerator. 2 small fans (ac for ease of wiring, or dc from a computer) in a push-pull configuration will keep the inside of the pipes and wooden box cool. This will solve your foamy pours.

Edit: I should look at individual posts and the names associated with them more clearly. Do what mc8045 did. If that fails add my suggestion.

I've seen some people having great success with a fan cooling system. Assuming the wooden section the PVC leads to is a box of sorts with the shanks and beer lines in them, simply add another run on PVC pipe back to the kegerator. 2 small fans (ac for ease of wiring, or dc from a computer) in a push-pull configuration will keep the inside of the pipes and wooden box cool. This will solve your foamy pours.

Edit: I should look at individual posts and the names associated with them more clearly. Do what mc8045 did. If that fails add my suggestion.

I have a small blower with a 1 inch hose running all the way to my insulated wooden box in my picture. The air returns through the pvc next to the beer lines and the blower hose works well. I dont even need to turn on the blower though it is just overkill. Like i said before i get a very small amount of first pour foam not even noticeable without turning on blower.

Back