Keging and Priming Keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentdr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have all my new kegging equipment and everything looks and sounds pretty strait forward except priming the keg, Do I have to prime the keg just as if I was bottling? and instead of force carbonating can I hook to C02 and let it sit for a week in the kegerator before poring?

If you use CO2, you don't need to prime the keg. And you are always force carbing when you have the keg on CO2 gas. If you set to the serving pressure of around 10psi, it will carbonate in a week or so. If you set it at 30PSI for 36-48 hours, then reduce to 10 psi, it will carb in a few days.

If you use CO2, you don't need to prime the keg. And you are always force carbing when you have the keg on CO2 gas. If you set to the serving pressure of around 10psi, it will carbonate in a week or so. If you set it at 30PSI for 36-48 hours, then reduce to 10 psi, it will carb in a few days.

Thanks bro... thats kinda what I thought

Back