Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Where do I get myself a keg to convert to a keggle? Ebay auctions them for 40 bucks, but then it is 80 bucks for shipping!

thanks

I drove around a college campus one day and was able to pick up several kegs for $10 each. College kids always have empty kegs sitting around.

I called the liquor store and asked the manager if I could get an empty one for the price of deposit. He said it was fine because in MA if you don't return the keg, they keep your deposit, so same difference.

Now go get one and never post about it again because you are going to get attacked for stealing.

I found mine on craigslist. One for $10, the other for $20.
Took a while to get them. I just looked every so often.

I'd suggest going to a local recycling/salvage lot. Always a bunch of metal goodies lying around, and fairly cheap...

Im getting 3 from a liquor store. I spoke with the regional manager and she personally called the owner and they were fine with it. They are treating it as like what Cambone said, if I dont return it they keep my deposit. And they know what I am doing with them, I was very straight forward in what I was wanting to do and they were very excited to help!

Back