Keggle Mach Tun Project Completed (with pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew2enjoy

Reaction score
First off, big thanks to Bobby both for the great keg polishing writeup here and for the awesome products from Brewhardware.com.

My goal was to have a mash tun large enough to easily handle any 10 gallon batch. The plan is to direct fire and recirculate for now, but I will probably work on a RIMS tube in the near future. I wanted a full false bottom to keep the grainbed elevated and away from direct heat.

What I started with..

After hours and hours of work...

A peek inside. Brewhardware false bottom

I don't think I'll be polishing another keg anytime soon but I can't argue with the results.

And the one tip I would give is to buy more polishing pads than you think you need. Most Lowes don't carry the gator grit brand polishing pads. I had to order some, then had to order more later to finish the project.

If a mod wants to fix my title that would be nice....didn't realize it says "mach" instead of mash... lol

Thanks. I use a keggle for a boil kettle as well. You don't want to see how awful it looks next to this one lol. I'll probably talk myself into polishing it as well so out doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Back