Keggle conversion complete... now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtchuck

Reaction score
Completed my keggle conversion today using the Yuri_Rage youtube video instructions. Everything went well, much easier that I anticipated. Finished keggle on right, with angle grinder jig on keg on the left:
keggle5.jpg

I have 2 kegs left. One is barrel shaped with a bung and the other is on the left in the photo.

The barrel shaped one is a candidate for the metal salvage yard. Any idea how much its worth as salvage and how much of a hassle it is to deal with the salvage yard... considering the crackdown on stolen kegs?

The second keg is in rough shape, especially the bottom skirt, which is bent and dinged up to the point that it is unsteady when set on the propane burner. Another candidate for salvage??

TIA for your suggestions.

:ban: With all due respect to the DIY genius that is Yuri_rage, I believe that jig is my design.:mug:

Just show up at the yard and tell him you have some stainless. If there's a problem taking kegs, he'll tell you and you go away.

Back