Keggle Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackhole

Reaction score
Done some searching on this, but I'm more confused than when I started. I'm planning a keggle build as my first step toward all-grain. I've got a guy to do the cutting and welding for me, but I'm confused on whether or not I'll need a false bottom, hop blocker, etc.

I've never had a boil kettle with a ball valve or dip tube before and I'll be brewing with pellet hops for the foreseeable future. What's the story on this, do I need something to keep the hops out of the dip tube when it's draining?

I have a keggle and love it! I use a paint strainer bag when adding my hops so the majority of them are removed when I pull the bag. I also added a sight glass with a thermometer from Brewhardware.com, I have found it helps with making sure my volumes are the correct level before the boil.

It is a matter of personal preference. I whirlpool and then drain, letting gravity do the work. Even if some hoops get into the fermenter it is not going to ruin the batch.

Latest posts

Back