Keggle BIAB Thermometer length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govain

Reaction score
I'm going to be using a sight glass/thermometer combo in my keggle and wondering about stem length on the thermometer. I was thinking that the shorter the better as it's less likely to catch on the bag, however I'm a little concerned that it might not get as accurate a reading. I'd like to know before I order it so that I don't drop the money on one that won't work for me.

So: Keggle BIAB - 2.5" stem, or 6" stem?

Update: I ordered the 4" stem. I figured I can craft some sort of shield for it if I need to.

yah i was tring to find a link for something similar, I have seen it before, just a length of tubing that is mounted around it.

I did it on all my thermos. I drilled a bunch of large diameter holes in a length of copper tubing and soldered it to a threaded adapter. In a weldless setup, you'd need a 1/2" NPT female adapter. If you're threading it into a coupling, it would be male obviously.

Back