kegging to early by mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyhigh

Reaction score
I have two similar looking beers in the carboy and I was in a hurry and not paying attention and grabbed the wrong carboy and kegged The beer was not quit to it finally gravity because I check the day before and it was at about 1.022. I had made it about 12 days before hand. I then left it carbonated and in the keg and just pulled it out of the fridge. Will it still keep fermenting? Should I do anything to it. It sat about 3-4 days in the kegerator before I noticed it was the wrong beer.

It did not taste bad, just sweet.

Thanks
Ryan

I would let it sit out of the freezer for a couple of days. Release the pressure that is in it and just let it sit. Hook it back up and see how carbed it is.

I have done this. Just get it warm and forget about it for a few weeks and let the pressure off once in awhile. It should finish fermenting. I would shake the keg a little to stir up the yeast.

I did this once - and made the best keg I have ever tapped. A Mild that should have went to secondary I kegged by accident - I just burped the pressure evry night and DAYUM it came out good.

Back