kegging question: 2 kegs, 1 reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennisim

Reaction score
I am new to kegging. I just finished buiilding my keezer but one of the faucets is leaky. Kegcowboy is sending me a new one when they are back in stock but I have a question regarding regarding carbonating a second beer. I already have my Belgian Pale Ale carbonated and being served (delicious) but I wanted to carbonate my bacon stout also. Could I just unhook the gas from the belgian Pale ale, hook up the gas to the stout, set it at 30PSI for a day, then unhook it and hook my belgian pale ale back up?

Also: Could I serve both beers through the same shank/faucet without getting too much off flavors (switching beers every 2 days or so) til my new faucet comes in the mail? Thank you very much.

Yes sure you can, but yeah, it would be easier to just get a cheap cobra tap to use temporarily. If you are serving both at once, do you have a manifold to keep both kegs on the gas? If so, you can just turn off the valve to the Belgian while you turn up the gas and carb the stout, no need to disconnect anything that way.

Back