kegging my first beer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekd

Reaction score
Ready to keg my first beer for a wedding on June 1st. Should i just set the psi at 30 for 36 hours, remove gas line and let it sit in fridge until the wedding. It's a witbier.

Since you are not in a rush to drink it I would set it at the correct temp and pressure for the carb level you want using this chart, then leave it for 2-3 wks hooked up to the gas. Once it's carbed you can disconnect and store it. This way you won't risk over/under carbing.

Since you are not in a rush to drink it I would set it at the correct temp and pressure for the carb level you want using this chart, then leave it for 2-3 wks hooked up to the gas. Once it's carbed you can disconnect and store it. This way you won't risk over/under carbing.

What he said. :mug:

I would re-hook it up a couple weeks before the wedding and verify it's still well carbed. I carb all my beers that aren't rushed like this. Just set to 8-16 depending on style and wait.

All good advice, though June 1st seems a long ways to let a Witbier hang around.... Just finished with kegging and bottling a IPA, Wit and a Raspberry Wit for a friends wedding on March 30.

Yeah I know. Normally wouldn't brew a wheat beer that far in advance but we were expecting our first child so I needed to get it done when I had the free time. Now I have zero free time. Haha.

Although, I did addd a bit of acidulated malt so maybe the extended time will bring out some of the twang.

Back