kegging/filtering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BYOB

Reaction score
Pretty new here and thought Id ask and sorry its probably gone over hundereds of times

Whats your filtering method? Using a Brew Bucket with a spigot i could put a filter on the end when i go to keg to take out the fines, but just heard adding gelatin will clear this up, like 1/2tsp in 10oz warm water

So....
1) when do you add the gelatin before or after kegging?
2) Do you cold crash the fermenter or the keg then add?

I never filter or use clarifying agents, I just cold crash the fermenter, rack to a keg, stick it in a fridge on gas for at least two weeks or until a space frees up in my keezer. Et voila! Clear beer!

"Cold" is very handy stuff to have around. I have two fridges and a keezer in my wee brewery just because cold is so valuable...

Cheers! ;)

I never filter or use clarifying agents, I just cold crash the fermenter, rack to a keg, stick it in a fridge on gas for at least two weeks or until a space frees up in my keezer. Et voila! Clear beer!

"Cold" is very handy stuff to have around. I have two fridges and a keezer in my wee brewery just because cold is so valuable...

Cheers! ;)

+1.

I do the same and sometimes get asked about how I filter my beer. I don't.

I add gelatin just after racking to the keg. My beer is already cold when it hits the keg but if fir you it's not I'd chill first then add gelatin.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Home Brew mobile app

Back