Kegging/bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjtj

Reaction score
How long does a home brew generally last in a keg or a bottle before it goes bad?

Long enough. Unless you're planning on drinking them at the rate of 1 per year...

From what I've read they can last for years, I opened my last bottle of my first brew (extract brown ale) after 8 months and it had developed a poor flavor, everything before that (up to 6 months) was great!

I was just wondering because I am looking into doing larger batches and filling the 15.5 gallon kegs with a couple different kinds to keep them on tap in my basement.

I have actually had some home brew that wasn't so tasty after it had been in the bottle for over 2 years... I guess it would depend on the individual beers in question...

With the right style of beer and good sanitation - years. With it on tap it will never be around that long, you would need to hide it somewhere...

GT

Back