Kegged my first two tonight.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sully_PA

Reaction score
Threw a stout and an American light in tonight.....think I did everything right....tested all connections for leaks with soapy water....purged the air out..got em' on the gas in my Kegerator....I set the gas on 30# shook the crap out of them then dropped them back down to 10#...I'm hoping it will be carbed buy next thursday.....think it will? Or should I try a different method?

They will surely be ready, you do have them in the refrigerator right. I always force carb this way, no shaking or anything. My kegerator is set @ 38 degrees and I carbonate between 10 and 13 pounds depending on beer type. Get ready to brew more because it sure goes fast in the keg. Good luck,

Cool, thanks.....I do have them in the fridge......how long does it usually take when you do it that way?

Thanks guys....can't wait to try em' :ban: Man I'll never go back to bottling...Kegging rocks :rockin: ....now to find some growlers....

You didn't get any brew coming into your regulator line when you dropped from 30 to 10 psi???

Ol' Grog is right in his concern. Make sure before you drop your reg down to 10#, shut the gas off, purge the keg of Co2, drop reg to 10#, turn gas back on. It's important to purge the keg otherwise you stiil have 30# of pressure that will back up into your regulator.

TRUST ME..............I'VE been there and done that....cleaning out those small ID gas lines is NO FUN. Luckily I didn't have any that ran back into the regulator....guess it's a good thing that my keg dealer sent me 10 feet of gas line. Whewwwwwwwwwwww

Hmmmm....did it before I read this and it didnt....wonder if that means I have a leak somewhere? ....better check it out....

Back