Kegged My First Batch! Woohoo! Have question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

experiment626

Reaction score
Kegged my first batch last night. :mug: Just a regular ol' stout.

I figured I'd do 25 PSI for a couple of days and then bring it down to serving pressure. Does this sound right?

Also, you you condition in the cold kegerator or outside of it? does it matter?

Can't wait!

I cold condition in my Sanyo because that's the only option that I have atm. Every kegging system is a bit different due to line lengths but what you proposed should work for you. If you don't like the carbonation level you could always pump a bit more into it.

Lately, with the weather, I've been chilling my keg outside over night. Then I stick it in the fridge under 20-25psi for a couple days. Then I vent the pressure and reset everything to serving pressure. Once its on serving pressure I will rock it back & forth once to mix things up. Then I wait about 3-5 days and start drinking it. Just make sure you base your serving pressure on the beer temp. 12psi, for example, will not mean the same thing @ 38F vs 45F...

Keep in mind you MAY overcarb it with a few days at eleveated pressures if the temp is low enough. A single venting when this is realized may not be enough due to the amount of CO2 in solution and the very small headspace being vented. If you find it to be the case, a couple ventings may be required.

Back