KegerQuestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qdog

Reaction score
just kegged my beer.

siphon'd into cornies.... lightly purged 3 times under pressure of C02 and now my kegs and co2 tank are sitting in the fridge at 35psi. i shook them for about a minute letting the co2 equalize as i shook. the c02 tank is still set at 35 and i did not disconnect anything....just put it in my fridge at about 37 degrees.

questions:

1. how long should i let them sit under pressure?
2. is 35psi too high?
3. why the heck did my order gas gauge drop so low.......cold temps with the co2 tank in the fridge???
4. when i kick these kegs i was going to fill them up with a starsan/water mix and flush them out........is that a good idea???
5. sorry for all the newb questions:cross:

p.s. the honey ale sux.....but i'm going to drink it anyways....

here are pics of my rig.......any suggestions/tips I would appreciate.

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03348.jpg

DSC03347.jpg

thanks

1. how long should i let them sit under pressure? A few days to a week. You'll just need to taste regularly. You'll know when it's right.
2. is 35psi too high? To carb...no. To Serve...try 10 - 12
3. why the heck did my order gas gauge drop so low.......cold temps with the co2 tank in the fridge??? YES.
4. when i kick these kegs i was going to fill them up with a starsan/water mix and flush them out........is that a good idea??? That's what I do...good bad or otherwise.
5. sorry for all the newb questions We have all Been N00bs once.

1. how long should i let them sit under pressure? A few days to a week. You'll just need to taste regularly. You'll know when it's right.
2. is 35psi too high? To carb...no. To Serve...try 10 - 12
3. why the heck did my order gas gauge drop so low.......cold temps with the co2 tank in the fridge??? YES.
4. when i kick these kegs i was going to fill them up with a starsan/water mix and flush them out........is that a good idea??? That's what I do...good bad or otherwise.
5. sorry for all the newb questions We have all Been N00bs once.

thanks man!

thanks! here are some pics of our beer and the rest of my setup after a few weeks.....i decided to buy a bag of threaded inserts and make my own tap handles as well.....this is by far one of the most rewarding hobbies to date.
DSC03446.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03430.jpg

Back