kegerator worthwhile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnmir

Reaction score
I found a used kenmore kegerator for sale for $200. Think its worthwhile since I have no spare fridge or kegging equipment?

I sounds like a fair price, but what many do is to look through Craigslist and get a chest freezer and convert it to a kegerator. You can find nice size chests for $100 (I got a big one for free) and all you need is a temp controller to set it where you want. My freezer holds 6-7 kegs plus the tank and glasses. All for about $60 total!

With the money saved you can keg a few kegs and ditch bottling. You will love it!

I built my kegerator for about $200. I had nothing except the minifridge. I got a nice tower, corny keg, CO2 tank and regulator. That used kegerator sounds like a fair price, but I'm assuming you still need to get a keg. So...it will be a little more still. It's ultimately up to you. That price is fair, but you could do it a little cheaper yourself. The question is: Are you willing to spend an hour or two building a kegerator?

My sister donated my kegerator, but shhhh don't tell her, she doesn't know this yet.. I have had it in my storage for over two years.. I've been paying $65 a month for that storage unit. I started looking at frigerators, and they were between $175 - $200. I thought to myself, well at $10 a month storage fee for over 24 months, heck... So now I have a nice kegerator in my garage with four kegs.. Horray for me!!

I found a used kenmore kegerator for sale for $200. Think its worthwhile since I have no spare fridge or kegging equipment?

What all is included? If it's a beer ready kegerator then that's a huge bargain. Heck, my faucets alone cost almost that much.

So I bought it on Sunday.
Kenmore kegerator (chrome tower, single faucet), cleaning equipment, connections for 3 different kinds of kegs, two 5# CO2 cylinders, single gauge taprite regulator, cleaning equipment, and an empty beer keg inside, all for $200!

So I guess i need some corneys, ball lock connectors, a gas manifold/Y with shutoffs, and at least a cobra tap for the second corney. Does that sound like everything? Should i replace the lines just to be safe? Is it possible to add a second faucet to the existing tower?

we got an old fridge converted with 2 taps, Co2 tank, reg, and 2 empty Corneys off CL a few weeks ago for $200, so we got the basic 2 tap conversion kit w/free fridge and installation :mug:

Back