Kegerator with outlets instead of tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharp63

Reaction score
I'd like to rebuild my kegerator + collar and no longer wish to have tap actually attached to the collar itself. Instead, I'd like to have the kegerator have outlets/valves where I can attach hoses and run the hoses to wherever I want the tap to actually be. I'd much prefer this flexibility as opposed to just running houses without disconnects out of the kegerator.

I'm curious to see other projects where folks have done this and/or where the hardware was purchased.

Im with ^^^^. If your thinking about not having taps on your collar just a disconnect and connect a 30 ft hose to that with a tap on the other end so you can have the tap in a different room sure I suppose. Seems just about the same amount of work as to walking to the keezer itself. I dont think they sell disconnects that close off when disconnected, I maybe wrong.

You could probably rig up some keg posts coming from the collar, but it would take some creativity to get the poppets to stay in properly and find a way to attach the post to the beer line.

How long of a beer line are you wanting to run? You may have to jack the pressure up if it is a long line, or consider using a different size tubing outside of the keezer so you will have less resistance in the line.

Also, how do you plan on keeping the beer in the line cold? Or is this going to be hooked up and unhooked for each "drinking session", that seems like it could get old quick

Are you wanting the "outlets" hard plumbed to the fridge? Or just a short length of tubing passing thru the fridge. Then with some sort of QD to go wherever you want?

Either way, I'm intrigued. Though I think the short tubing option seems more plausible

You could probably rig up some keg posts coming from the collar, but it would take some creativity to get the poppets to stay in properly and find a way to attach the post to the beer line.

How long of a beer line are you wanting to run? You may have to jack the pressure up if it is a long line, or consider using a different size tubing outside of the keezer so you will have less resistance in the line.

Also, how do you plan on keeping the beer in the line cold? Or is this going to be hooked up and unhooked for each "drinking session", that seems like it could get old quick

Theres an idea to run a line from the keg post outlet to the poppet...... Might be able to get a ss threaded end for the poppet and some how get the line over that.......

Besides the equipment for a removable hose. Adding a corny post would not be hard to do. I used one of these to put a corny post where I needed it to be.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/Search.aspx?k=post adapter

Some of the issues you may have is keeping the line cool. At some point the line may contain a whole beer or enough that you will be pouring room temperature beer from a warm hose. Beyond a certain length you might need to change the pressure to compensate for line length. I believe longer line lengths may require higher pressure in the keg.

Are you going to have random hoses running throughout the house? Plug the one in for when you are eating upstairs in the dinning room, then plug the other hose when you are in the TV room? I like the concept.

First world problems! "Oh man my keezer is downstairs in the other wing of my mansion and its the bulter's day off"

I used to have the opposite problem. We rented a two story place but the upstairs was loud and cold or hot depending on the season. Downstairs had two a bedroom, my brew storage room, bathroom, TV room and my keezer. I drank way more beer than I needed.

Back