Kegerator shipping damage? Komos V2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsunamiMike

Reaction score
Got in the kegerator today and noticed this circular marks on top of the box:
80D9F882-DA43-4A73-B90C-64ED80332AA6.jpeg

I didn’t think anything of it till I opened up the box, it looks like whatever it was stressed the plastic and created a depression into the plastic top of it:
4482E3D4-7625-4701-A04F-9DD194D6A89B.jpeg

You can see where the arrows are that is the edge of the fridge and between the arrows you can see the supports.

what do you guys think? What should be done or will they do? Or is this normal and I should shut up and enjoy a pint?

Ring, ring, fix this thing. Shipper damaged. They likely have shipping insurance. I’d give them a call

Yeah, I alerted my LHBS which is who I got it from and sent her pictures. She said she would contact them to see if this was "normal".

Just wasn't sure what to expect as typically all my appliances have been white glove delivered and hooked up

I had to go take a look at mine to get a sense of what you're seeing, and I'd probably call whomever you ordered it from and see what they say. The top is plastic (or at least is on mine) so having any type of stress on it would eventually lead to cracking I would assume.

Also...since I had the fortune of actually seeing the delivery guy take it off of the truck, make sure you leave it standing upright for at least 24 hours before plugging that sucker in. It had been lying on its side in the truck and brought off upright. No idea how long it had been like that.

top of mine for reference if you need it. You can make out a faint outline of a hard edge, but there are no indentations.
IMG_3491.jpg

Last edited:
@Knightshade this is plastic as well, just seems like whatever that was round and put on top of the box <which left a mark on the top of the box> stressed the plastic portion closest to the door and created "white" stress marks in the plastic. Its cosmetic but I am sure yours doesnt look like that.

I'm not sure if that top comes off or if they have to send me a new one or if they are going to offer me a discount... Which I am not sure how I feel about that..

Similar thing happened to mine, except that the plastic screw bosses had cracked on both sides. The plastic trim at the underside of the overhang is no longer attached on mine, but you can't tell it doesn't bother me terribly. Packaging sucks though for it to have been broken.

Back