Kegerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zsprowls

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope all is well. I am working on my basement brewpub right now, and I have a question about the kegerator I want to build. As of now I have an older full size fridge that works well, and I am thinking I would like to convert it to a kegerator. However, I would also like to build a fermentation fridge, because its hotter than hell all year round here in Arizona. I plan on buying a chest freezer for that and putting a thermostat in.

So should I use the fridge as the kegerator and the chest freezer for fermentation? Or should I flip that around? Or should I just buy a kegerator and use the fridge for fermenting?

Thanks!

Probably use the chest freezer as your kegerator. It will hold more kegs and allow you to serve more beer. I've seen people use uprights to ferment in and they built a shelf to stack carboys inside.

So should I put a thermoatat on both so I can serve at fermentation temp? Or should I just put the chest freezer on a real low setting?

Back