Kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guigsy

Reaction score
Hello-

New to homebrewing. Just got a kegerator for christmas and wanted to start kegging instead of bottleing (I realized this after my 1st batch, currently fermenting my 2nd batch). I'm gonna purchase a couple uses soda kegs from northernbrewer. Question is - Do I need to purchase a special coupler for the keg? The kegerator came with an american sankey coupler (normal) but I have no idea what these soda kegs use...

Thanks for your help...

Matt

You will either have to cut the lines or remove the clamps; mine I had to cut still only took 5 min. to make the conversion.

If your kegs are ball Lock then a grey gas in and a black beer out disconnect. If they are pin lock then not sure which but on has 2 pins and the other 3.

Get the barbs if you plan on using clamps when (if) you switch between the sankey fitting and the corny connectors on a less than frequent basis.

Get the MFL variety if you plan on using a swivel nut. This makes it quicker to switch between hardware or for cleaning.

FWIW, I have all MFL, but I have 5 taps to manage.

Also, if you have a choice avoid pin lock, unless you get a screaming deal.

Cool. I bought the used keg and the disconnects (ball-lock gas and liq) from NorthernBrewer. That should be all right? The necessary tubing should be included with the kegerator, right?

Back