kegerator mystery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

william_shakes_beer

Reaction score
I have a mystery regarding my kegerator. I have solved it and I have no idea how.

Recently my wee heavy keg stopped flowing beer. Not the spluttering of co2 and foam that usually accompanies a kick, just stopped flowing entirely. I switched thebeer line to a fresh keg that had already been conditioned and pressurized at the on deck position. Same thing. No flow. I disassembled the ball lock beer connector and soaked the parts in starsan. No apparent blockages. Disassembled the Perlick flow control tap back to the body and soaked in starsan. Again no obvious blockages. I ran a dip tube brush down the tubing at the keg end and got a few specs of sediment, but nothing that would have restricted flow, much less blocked it entirely. I reassembled all and resolved to refill my co2 tank next week. Just for fun, I pulled the tap and was surprised to find a full glass of foam coming out of the fresh keg. Switched the tap line to the keg that had kicked and got the usual spluttering of a kicked keg. What am I missing? why did this solve the problem, or am I just a genus?

"few pieces of sediment"

I've had quick disconnects clog, invisibly, with hop material.

Best guess on my part.

Back