Kegerator issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not panicking yet as I understand (Re)growing pains are to be expected. I just hope they can be fixed quickly.

1. Should there be rubber washers between the beer line and the faucet post? I’m seeing some leakage. No washers currently.

2. I have a co2 leak somewhere. I found one point (keg post) but that did not solve the problem. I cannot find bubbling anywhere else. Could the regulator be leaking from some spot that doesn’t cause bubbles?

I’ve shut the gas for now and ordered a new regulator this morning. The current one is beat up and old, given to me by a friend. But again, it’s not throwing bubbles when sprayed all over with star san. The keg post bubbled immediately.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully these are my only issues.

1. Should there be rubber washers between the beer line and the faucet post? I’m seeing some leakage. No washers currently.
If you have a separate shank and tailpiece, yes, there should be a rubber washer between them. And if you have a swivel nut flare type connector between a tailpiece and the beer line, there should be a nylon flare washer between them. But a picture might be worth a thousand words here.

If you have a separate shank and tailpiece, yes, there should be a rubber washer between them. And if you have a swivel nut flare type connector between a tailpiece and the beer line, there should be a nylon flare washer between them. But a picture might be worth a thousand words here.
I do have swivel type connectors. So a washer is needed on both the faucet side and between the nut and flare?

I do have swivel type connectors. So a washer is needed on both the faucet side and between the nut and flare?

Sounds like it, maybe. But I'm not 100% sure we're talking about exactly the same two connections. I didn't mention "faucet side" and probably wouldn't describe a shank to tailpiece connection that way. Thus the picture comment.

If I’m reading you correctly, there should be a washer in picture 1 on the face of the shank, and in picture 2 on the back of the it between the nut?

Attachments

• 97653808-9826-4B94-929A-087C517BA0D2.jpeg
    97653808-9826-4B94-929A-087C517BA0D2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 495A7D1B-F7CD-4AF6-A2C4-3537198C2FE2.jpeg
    495A7D1B-F7CD-4AF6-A2C4-3537198C2FE2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
There should be a rubber washer between the face of that tailpiece (i.e. pic #1) and the shank. No washer should be needed/used between the hex nut and the beer line side of the tailpiece (pic #2). The latter connection is not a flare/swivel connection. (You have a clamped hose barb where a flare/swivel might otherwise be used.)

Gotcha, thank you. I'm going to swing by Home Depot now to look for washers. Unfortunately, this only solves the more minor of the issues. Hopefully the new regulator solves the c02 leak!

The thread size on the shank is 7/8"-14, sometimes seen as as BSP 5/8" which is more informative as BSP=British Straight Pipe. The straight threads on both the hex nut and the shank necessitate the gasket.

Back