Kegerator froze lines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockindaddy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to kegging and just put a keg of hard lemonade in my new kegerator. Everything has been fine for the first few days. I set the regulator to 10 PSI and was just going to let it carbonate. Last night I turned the kegerator to the coldest setting and today it was showing about 22 degrees and the regulator showed no pressure. I tried to turn up the psi and nothing happened. There is no pressure in the keg either. Did the lines freeze? Not sure what to do now.

Ok, but even at 0°F a CO2 tank will have a head pressure of at least 200psi.
And you're not likely going to freeze CO2 at home.
Sooo.....

Cheers!

There could be some condensation in your regulator, not sure if you have that in the fridge or not. The diaphragm could easily freeze and plug if there is even a small amount of condensation in it.

It could also be that you had a leak in your gas setup somewhere and lost all your co2...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ah now seeing that you were reading 0 psi I definitely think you are out of gas.

Happens to the best of us!

Believe me, it only takes once to learn that

So it's possible I had a leak and all the gas ran out on about 3 days? There is frozen condensation on the back of the fridge.

Most likely you had a leak, it happens.

You can take the tank out and disconnect the regulator and weigh it and compare it to the tare weight that is stamped on the tank. If it's close your out of gas. When you get a new tank spray all connections, keg and regulator with starsan to see if you find the bubbles. Take your time sometimes they are hard to find.

Sent from my kegerator

Id first just pull the co2 tank out of the fridge and let it warm to room temp. Maybe it's froZen some how. But if it's still zero once it's warm, it's empty and you have a leak.

Once you refill it check all connection points for hissing or apply a mixture of dish soap and water and look for forming bubbles, that will help
Locate a leak

OK, I'm pretty sure I had a leak. I pulled the tank out and it is very light, like when I bought it. It was definitely heavier when I had it filled. I didn't spray to teat for leaks, but now i will. Thank you for all the helpful information.

Latest posts

Back