Kegcowboy.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean that I was going to order right now lol. Just meant I had eyeballed sellers and was going to purchase from kegcowboy by the end of the year. Seeing so many complaints about how difficult it is when things don't go right is kind of off-putting.

I'll still consider him, but I'll be double checking before any action is made.

Well in the vendors forum it looks as they are looking for someone to work at their south Carolina location. Im guessing they lost whoever was working there and that was the person shipping their web products. I ordered last Friday, I sent Jeff looking for a status update but I haven't received a response yet.

Just to let everyone know my experience, I waited 25 days sent several emails and got 2 promises it would ship, on the 25th day sent a second request for refund and finally got my money back. Then had to place an order with another company.

Apparently you need to make a trip to Cap'n'Cork with Revvy :tank:

That's why I never have to mail order....I can't see why anyone in metro detroit would ever feel the need to buy online, we have a TON of decent and even better than decent shops all in a short radius. Cap N Cork, Adventures in Homebrewing, Kuhnens are just three of them. We're in homebrewshop heaven. Heck when I lived in PH huron, besides Cap n Cork, I had 3 places just in town alone I could get stuff from.

Shop please cancel and refund this order for Dennis if it was not sent yet- Jeff

Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:43 PM
To: Keg Cowboy Customer Care
Subject: Fw: Order #2515

Jeff,

I have not heard back from you since our last contact on November 01. If you do not have the kegs yet I would like to cancel this order. If you do not respond to this e-mail I will be canceling the payment I made through my credit card company on Monday November 14, 2011.

Thank you in advance

Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 3:54 PM

Subject: Re: Order #2515

Did they come through with their promise?

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 7:38 AM

To: 'Dennis'

Subject: RE: Order #2515

Monday is what was promised.- Jeff

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: Order #2515

Do you know when you might be getting some kegs?

Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 9:49 PM

To: 'Dennis'

Subject: RE: Order #2515

I am guessing we need kegs for this

Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:49 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order #2515

Haven’t heard anything about this order

Order #2515 can you please update the status for me.

Thanks in advance

It shipped Got it today.. I just wish if things where backorderd or not in stock the would let me know.

This is what I would like to see

Good Morning.

We're very sorry for this inconvenience. Upon filling your order, we found that this part is currently out of stock nationwide and cannot be delivered in the time frame that was paid for. We will make every effort we can to get this part in stock and on the way to you as soon as possible. If you would like to change the shipping method to a cheaper option due to the delay, or if you cannot wait and need to cancel this order, please let us know and we will refund you accordingly.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

What a diffrence..

I am now having issues with Keg Cowboy as well.

The business practices are atrocious. They charged me the same day for a 2 keg kit and then I never heard back from them other than the order confirmation. I called them after not getting anything in three weeks some guy named John informs me that the kegs aren't available but he will call me the next day to make arrangements. He never calls back. Then he won't return my calls. I finally got a hold of him today and he didn't even remember speaking to me last week. He said he didn't get my messages because he's "been busy". Then he throws Jeff under the bus about his business practices. Not a healthy indicator for a business.

I've cancelled my order but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy about getting my $309 back. I've left two messages with Jeff and have heard nothing back. I've opened a dispute with my bank about the credit card charges and will engage their services if I don't get something within the next 24 hours.

Overall Keg Cowboy in my experience is horrid when it comes to communicating with it's customers. This thread just further proves a trend. Jeff if you're reading this, please refund my money. $309 is a lot of money to me.

I had a similar experience, my items which were listed as in stock, hadn't shipped after 10 days. My inquires were met with brief, indifferent replies. I cancelled my order and will not be dealing with them again.

This is kind of a bummer, I was hoping to see some positive reviews pop up so that I would feel more comfortable buying.

Almost sounds like if you don't mind waiting a month or so for your order to arrive then you will not like this vendor. When I fork over $300 I want that product asap to be honest...

This is kind of a bummer, I was hoping to see some positive reviews pop up so that I would feel more comfortable buying.

Almost sounds like if you don't mind waiting a month or so for your order to arrive then you will not like this vendor. When I fork over $300 I want that product asap to be honest...

Well then here is a positive. I had an order that was filled promply. I then ended up with an issue with a part.

The replacement is on the way. Jeff called me personally and is easy to deal with in my experience.

I have had nothing but great experiences with KegConnection! I changed my order 2 times on them and they were awesome about it. They have a customer for life in me.
I haven't had any deals with KegCowboy, so I can't comment on their service.

Hunter

Ive ordered from both KegCowboy and KegConnection. Both never really returned emails ever, but both shipped me quality products.

Three emails and a voicemail. No response. I just wanted to modify my order. I now am cancelling the entire order and disputing charges.

I should not have assumed that sponsors here are GTG. My mistake.

There's a difference between companies that lie/falsely sell items, don't fulfill orders etc and the issue here: not responding to e-mails.

I won't ever buy from Keg Connection again after them not responding to my e-mails for an entire week, but I don't think they need to be listed as a bad seller for it, either. I was never led on falsely and got some quality items. Don't really see why Tx would need to interfere here.

From what I see, as long as your order is in stock and no errors are made by them when shipping or item malfunction, then kegcowboy is a good vendor. I don't believe he is at all out to scam anyone or take your money. It's just the customer service area that is no good. Legit business with legit items...If you can't deal with the lack of communication then this is not the seller for you.

This is why I am not prepared to order with him. I'd like to know what's going on with my order if it doesn't arrive within 2 weeks.

Guess it's time to throw my experience in here as well.

Ordered a two ball keg kit w/ dual regulator, hoses, connections and 5lb CO2 container. After a few weeks of watching my order to go "backorder" status, a single phone call to me after multiple emails to Keg Cowboy and no tracking order a box magically showed up that had everything except the kegs. More emails, messages on their site, PMs on this forum and voicemails left and I still don't know where my kegs are, nor do I think I'll ever get them.

Time to call my credit card company, have them chargeback the order and recommend to all my homebrew friends to never do business with Keg Cowboy. Such a bummer as a some communication and a simple refund for the cost of the kegs would have been all that was needed (and was all I asked for).

Nevermind. Really wish there was something done to keep people from making the same mistake over and over.

TheMan said:
From what I see, as long as your order is in stock and no errors are made by them when shipping or item malfunction, then kegcowboy is a good vendor. I don't believe he is at all out to scam anyone or take your money. It's just the customer service area that is no good. Legit business with legit items...If you can't deal with the lack of communication then this is not the seller for you.

This is why I am not prepared to order with him. I'd like to know what's going on with my order if it doesn't arrive within 2 weeks.

This is my experience as well. I ordered a two tap perlick setup from them, because they allow you to do a ton of customizations. But i heard nothing for weeks. I inquired, the order was shipped out a few days later. Slow, not the best communication, but not a dishonest vendor. Good prices on a lot of stuff too. Not sure I'll order again though, honestly.

I placed an order with these guys back the first of December for a 4 hole backsplash and drip tray and a beer ingredient kit. The last communication received from them was Dec 7 when it shipped. I got the backsplash really quickly but no ingredient kit. I called that day and left them a message. I have called about 20 times and left 3 messages, emailed them twice and left them a pm on here. I have not received a single reply. The kit was $37 and I have not asked them for my money back or anything other than some form of reply as to will I get the kit or what the heck is going on.

Good luck with your predicament. I suggest you post in the commercial review forum at the very bottom of the page.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm, not the exception, with this particular vendor. The problem is that there is no good way to warn others. You cannot post this in the vendor forum, where it will be seen.

I for one, would really be impressed if the mods at HBT took some action against this vendor. At the least, a talking to.

-1 for Keg cowboy as well. I had to call and threaten a charge back to get my stuff. As a side note this is a very effective last resort because one it gets your money back and two, if it happens enough they can lose the right to accept cards.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I also had an issue with an order that had zero communication and the order didn't ship, after it couldn't be resolved I asked for a credit, after numerous emails and calls I PM them here and finally got my credit.

. . . The problem is that there is no good way to warn others. You cannot post this in the vendor forum, where it will be seen.

It got moved to the company reviews forum, where someone would go to look for . . . company reviews. I don't get your insistence that somehow this is hidden.

I did not see the company review forum or I would have put it there to begin with. I actually never noticed we had so many forums. I see now they already have 6 pages of negative feedback posts and if I had seen that I would not have ordered from them. I was hoping that calling them out on the forum might motivate them to communicate with me. No such luck, and I guess I have to resort to getting my CC company to charge back for the missing kit.

I guess I need to leave my negative experience as well. I ordered multiple items that were supposed to be in stock, well they apparently weren't but that wasn't communicated to me. After waiting a reasonable amount of time I dropped a few emails trying to get in touch with them, I finally got ahold of someone and he passed me off to another guy. I was told the hose on my order was not in stock. I asked if the rest of the order could be shipped and the hose shipped at a later date. I received the first part of my order but never the hose, I requested a refund but it never happened. After numerous attempts to get my refund I finally PM him here and he said he thought it was done. I finally got a refund but it shouldn't have been that hard. BTW the co2 manifold I bought from him leaked and I dumped 10 lbs of co2 overnight. Disappointing to say the least, I just ordered a new one elsewhere, not going to try and get that fixed.

Billy

I'm not surprised. I ordered a tap kit separate from the ball lock kegs... Nothing for several days. Called to find out the kegs were back ordered but would be in within the next day or two, so I waited. Actually I kept getting the same story every few days. Finally had the taps shipped and two weeks after canceled the keg order for a partial refund. It was like pulling teeth to get anyone to respond and actually do it.

So one day I'm out of town for thanksgiving and I see a shipping notice... Looks like my canceled kegs were on their way. Emailed once, then again, then... I lost track. I heard nothing back from any of them. Mind you I copied every email address I had for them and nobody took the time to respond even after the thanksgiving weekend. I even called a few times.

Eventually somebody got back to me and it was a pain to work out but I eventually got a return shipping label printed to put in the box. I would have figured they would care more, especially when they shipped me $100 of merchandise that I didn't pay for.

My theory is that "the boss" as he is referred to, doesn't allow his employees to take care of even basic things like returns or refunds. Every time I called I would be directed to "my boss" but he wouldn't be in. The guys can do order fulfillment but that was about it. And either he doesn't trust his employees with the money and the website or they are incapable. From what I've seen, I think it's a trust issue.

Second, I think the website just isn't sophisticated enough to do more than basic orders. And on top of that , I think it's a bait and switch to put up a bunch of products you know are out of stock but not tell anyone until they call in because nothing ships for a week. They probably don't have any kind of inventory control either, at least with what they sell online, which only exacerbates the issue. I've programmed some pretty complex ecommerce sites in the past, so I'm well familiar with what is involved, but even at the least mark something as out of stock as soon as you find out.

Pappers, see the quote from the OP. This is why.

I did not see the company review forum or I would have put it there to begin with. I actually never noticed we had so many forums. I see now they already have 6 pages of negative feedback posts and if I had seen that I would not have ordered from them. I was hoping that calling them out on the forum might motivate them to communicate with me. No such luck, and I guess I have to resort to getting my CC company to charge back for the missing kit.

mcarb said:
Pappers, see the quote from the OP. This is why.

McCarb, he has a total of four posts and said he hadn't noticed that there were multiple sub forums. Now he's done a quick look through the forums and knows.

You keep saying it's at the bottom of the forum lists. First, that's not true for supporting (paid) members. And so what? Some forum has to be at the bottom, it's not hidden, as evidenced by the many many posts in it.

New users need to spend some time using the forums to find the right places to post. Lots of new cider makers post in the beginning brewing subforum because they haven't seen the cider forum. Someone points it out to them and they often say 'oh I never looked through the forums.' No one thinks there is a conspiracy to hide the cider forum.

I actually used the search function and searched vendor issues. It sent me to posts in the general chit chat forum so I posted there. I am a recent convert from another site and posting and reading from an iPad. I think the way it shows the sections is part of it. There is a big long list of recipes in between the top and bottom of the forum list and I thought that was the bottom. I now know, and I apologize for posting in the wrong place.

JackCrow said:
I actually used the search function and searched vendor issues. It sent me to posts in the general chit chat forum so I posted there. I am a recent convert from another site and posting and reading from an iPad. I think the way it shows the sections is part of it. There is a big long list of recipes in between the top and bottom of the forum list and I thought that was the bottom. I now know, and I apologize for posting in the wrong place.

No apologies needed, in my opinion, posting in the wrong subforum is nothing to worry about. You're new on HBT and now know your way around.

Anyone else having troubles with shipments from Keg Cowboy? I place an order for a wort chiller on December 7th (supposed in stock), but I have yet to receive it. The order status shows "shipped" but I've only received a hose that was part of the order. There's no tracking information and they aren't responding to e-mail requests or posting on their web site about the order.

Are they just flaky or should I be worried? They seem to have several fans here, but currently, I don't see why.

Update: Well, their voice mailbox is full, they don't respond to e-mail and my credit card was charged on December 8th. Looks like I'm going to have to dispute the charges.

Are they still in business?

Anyone else having troubles with shipments from Keg Cowboy? I place an order for a wort chiller on December 7th (supposed in stock), but I have yet to receive it. The order status shows "shipped" but I've only received a hose that was part of the order. There's no tracking information and they aren't responding to e-mail requests or posting on their web site about the order.

Are they just flaky or should I be worried? They seem to have several fans here, but currently, I don't see why.

Update: Well, their voice mailbox is full, they don't respond to e-mail and my credit card was charged on December 8th. Looks like I'm going to have to dispute the charges.

Are they still in business?

I'd be worried. A coworker of mine ordered burners from them, on my reccomendation, on November third and still hasn't recieved them and can't ever get anyone to return his calls or emails. He finally filed a dispute with his Credit Card company today. The do seem to be able to post up here though.

I'd be worried. A coworker of mine ordered burners from them, on my reccomendation, on November third and still hasn't recieved them and can't ever get anyone to return his calls or emails. He finally filed a dispute with his Credit Card company today. The do seem to be able to post up here though.

Update:
I just heard back from Jeff at Keg Cowboy and it seems they've been having some troubles in the shop. Looks like I don't need to seek a dispute with the credit card company.

Back