kegarator controler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you add a 12VDC wall wart and some wiring, it will work.
Stuff it in a project box and it'd be a practical solution.
Note that the display is exclusively Centigrade, if that matters...

Cheers!

Can you explain the wiring ? Am I correct in thinking this will only power a 12v source?

Can you explain the wiring ? Am I correct in thinking this will only power a 12v source?

That controller like most switches a relay that can be used any way you want within the ratings. So you can feed the relay a 120 vac input and use the switched output to control a fridge. The 12 vdc is what the controller logic runs on...

Cheers!

would i wire in an outlet of just cut the plug off my fridge and wire that way....sorry for all the questions i, pretty handy with anything that's not wiring, if someone could make a rough diagram i would be very grateful

How's this look? Mind the colors, of course.

And it isn't clear from the web site pics which Power Supply Input terminal is +12VDC and which is the ground return, hopefully there'll be a hint in the silk screen on the board, or some instructions that show which is which.

Stick the board in a plastic project box that you can cut a window through to see the digital readout and you'd be good to go...

Cheers!

temperature_control.jpg

Here's another option. I am in the process of making this myself.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pimp-my-system/build-temperature-controller/

I liked that I don't have to change any of the wiring in the mini fridge itself.

I had the freezing problem with my kegerator too... very frustrating. I ended up pulling the thermostat out and just wiring it so the circuit was alway closed. I built almost this exact controller and it's been chugging along great for 6mo no problem.

Back