Keg Will Not Dispense

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyPowers55

Reaction score
I just cleaned a keg and after I racked it with beer it will not dispense. My guess is the dip tube is clogged (I may have got some of the bottom stuff in) but I cannot seem to get the dip tube out. The nut on the poppet seems to be stuck. What can I do to save this batch?

Thanks.

Is it possible that your beer line is frozen ?
I had this happen once. I have a home made kegerator and the beer line was up against the freezer plate and froze.

I just cleaned a keg and after I racked it with beer it will not dispense. My guess is the dip tube is clogged (I may have got some of the bottom stuff in) but I cannot seem to get the dip tube out. The nut on the poppet seems to be stuck. What can I do to save this batch?

Thanks.

if you cannot remove dip tube ( I would spend a bit more time trying - you need to get it out eventually to clean it anyways) - siphon to another keg?

Thanks.

Nut on the poppet? Do you mean the post that the connector attaches to? Many of my kegs initially had stuck posts from sitting with soda syrup in them. I had to put the wrench on the post then put the keg on its side and use a mallet to loosen the post. If your tags are strange in there is an actual nut on the dip tube in you can get access to the dip to you then you can sanitize a metal coathanger and try to slide it down the dip tube if you truly cannot get it out.

Lefty loosey and check for frozen lines!

Bleed the tank and put gas to the liquid side and see if you can dislodge anything clogging the dip tube...if you get pressure in the tank through the wet line you know its not clogged.

I was able to get the poppet off with an impact wrench. Not sure why it was on so tight. The tube was visibly clogged with some of the crap from the fermenter. I cleaned it out and I was able to run water through it so I sanitized and reinstalled. Then my co2 tank kicked. Looks like it will be 90 minute for me tonight. Thanks all.

Back