Keg Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadoHawk

Reaction score
What are your recommendations for keg tubing?

I am currently looking at getting the Ultra Barrier Silver (costing just over 50 dollars for three taps @10 ft a line...much more than I excepted to pay for my lines) because I am the only beer drinker in the house and I fear it may mold if I go on vacation with vinyl (15 dollars for the same setup) and I heard of vinyl leaving off flavors.

I plan on transitioning to bev seal ultra. I've only converted one so far (13 to go!), but I am using a different ID than others, so I also need to use Perlick 650ss faucets to adjust the restriction.

I've been using vinyl for years though. I wouldn't be worried about mold, but yes, it will taint the beer in the line. I just pour off the first 2 oz before I do my actual pour. This waste is why I want to go to the bev seal ultra tubing and 650ss faucets so that I don't have to cast off any of my beer.

I would spend the money on any "anti microbial" tubes if you're the only beer drinker and have 3 taps. Beer lines can become infected (and can and will work backward and infect a newly tapped keg that was otherwise fine previously) if you're not pushing beer through all the time (some one told me one pull a day might not be enough). I have 2 650ss and 6' of line with 3 pressure options. If you're going to be serving all the beer at the same temp at the same pressure, you don't need the 650ss. Otherwise, it is a wise investment.

Latest posts

Back