keg post leaking...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
Yet another Crapola!

Had beer in the bottom of my keezer yesterday. Realized one of my posts was leaking, some bubbles and a small dribble of beer. I took the post off and put teflon tape on the post and tightened it down.

Think that will do it? I have extra o rings but that didn't seem to be the issue. Looks like there's a gouge in one of the threads on the post. I had taken it off to unclog the dip tube.

Thanks for the ideas. Enjoying a cold one of Friday night!:mug:

Yet another Crapola!

Had beer in the bottom of my keezer yesterday. Realized one of my posts was leaking, some bubbles and a small dribble of beer. I took the post off and put teflon tape on the post and tightened it down.

Think that will do it? I have extra o rings but that didn't seem to be the issue. Looks like there's a gouge in one of the threads on the post. I had taken it off to unclog the dip tube.

Thanks for the ideas. Enjoying a cold one of Friday night!:mug:

The post is sealed by the o-ring, not the threads. You have to make sure the o-ring is in good shape and the surfaces it seals to are smooth. That should fix the problem.

Back