Keg or Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacemaker

Reaction score
I have a Nut Brow Ale, been in primary for 2 weeks. I'm ready to move it. Question is should I go to a secondary for a week or two, or should I just keg it and carbonate it for a few days?

If you're sure it's done and your gravity samples taste good then I would cold crash for a couple days and keg it

of course you're ready to move it, but is it really ready after two weeks? i would suggest you leave it in primary for a week, maybe two, after specific gravity stops changing (not to exceed 4 weeks in primary).

nut brown ale is a beer that won't be hurt by aging.

In general, two weeks is a little early for all but the smallest beers. Unless of course you're planning on treating the keg like a secondary and leaving it there for another week or two.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll leave it in primary a while longer and check the SG, I want a good beer what ever it takes.

Keg it and drink it. How are you going to know when it's at it's peak if you aren't tasting it?

Back