Keg Lube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So everywhere I looked the least expensive keg lube was about $6/oz. I found this site on Etsy where they are offering 4 Oz for $5!
resized.png

I have a tub of "keg lube" somewhere, but I don't know where it is and it's not worth it to me to go hunting for it, when I can get this for $5. :)

That stuff is awesome, you can wash it off with really hot water.

4.95 is the MSRP. You can even order it direct from the manufacturer but their shipping rates are expensive. I like that it melts at 120. The stuff I have is about impossible to get off your hands.

Yep. You're right. Not sure how sponsorship here works, i.e if the potential sponsor is approached or if they have to initiate contact, but I would think they should be a sponsor.

I have some of the McLaughlin from that link and I cannot, for the life of me figure out how to clean it off anything. I put some on my keg lid and now that o-ring is trash unless I can figure out how to get rid of it.

I have some of the McLaughlin from that link and I cannot, for the life of me figure out how to clean it off anything. I put some on my keg lid and now that o-ring is trash unless I can figure out how to get rid of it.

Yep. Had the same issue. That's why the CIP stuff is great - it cleans relatively easily.

it's just food grade silicone lubricant. many sources. One tube will last years or decades.

Back