Keg Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew703

Reaction score
What's your cleaning process?
For me, after every keg change, I rinse my lines with hot water, then BLC, then hot water.
I use Bev Seal Ultra tubing and the lines always look clean.
I don't always run Starsan through the lines. I definitely do it after every other keg.
Is there any downside of not running Starsan through the lines after every keg switch? Haven't had any issues so just curious what others are doing.

I just use a warm solution of BLC (typically ~2gal )in a 5 gal food safe bucket containing an outdoor pond pump to recirculate for 15-20 min, Then swap out the bucket with 3-4 changes of fresh water. I do this after 2-3 kegs depending upon how long it took to empty the keg. No off tastes noticed yet! No need for starsan if you keep the system clean and moving )drink more beer...)

fwiw, I never leave a tap empty, and after cleaning my lines I don't see much point in sanitizing them as they'll immediately be filled with beer. Clean is good enough, imo...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back