Keg King Malt Muncher 3 Frustrations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mill is the Malt Muncher 3 sold by MoreBeer (also the Kegco brand) and has ball bearings, the bearing housing is mounted on the interior, so you won't see the bronze sleeves on the outside. Assembly should be intuitive, look up images of assembled units, all the same.

Here is a tutorial on how to set the gap:

I observe that on my mill the upper rollers, when both rotating inward as they should (to draw in the grain), the motor driven roller's knurling appears to be moving away from the driven (motor) side and the other roller's knurling, when spinned the proper way (or when there is grain to get it driven), appears to have the knurling moving in the opposite direction, towards the motor. If the non-driven roller does not appear this way, then flip it and install it the other way. This could also just be an optical illusion and not relevant, but worth looking at, since you have the thing disassembled. Same would apply to the bottom roller, you would want the knurling to appear to also be moving in the motor direction when seen from the bottom and spinned in the direction it would with grain driving it. Of course, NEVER GET YOUR FINGERS ANYWHERE NEAR THE ROLLERS WHEN MOTOR DRIVEN, as if I had to say that...

I’m one of the least mechanically inclined people you’ll ever meet, but you can see a couple things right away. Looking at the 3 rolllers, one has the long shaft. That has to be the “driver” - the one the crank gets attached to. Out of the other 2, one has bolts coming out the end, the other does not. So it’s a matter of looking at an assembled one and figuring out which roller goes where. They are all different, not interchangeable. There must be only one way they can go. I’m guessing the one with no bolts sticking out is the bottom one.

Far as gapping or any of that, I’m not the guy.

Last edited:
@Brewer dad: I don't see the bronze bushings amongst your pics. Did it come with those? Without them it will be useless IMO.
It's all there. I put it together and will test it tomorrow...
PXL_20210101_180549750.jpg

Chinese and buy from www.kegking.cn where they can get the lowest prices. In Europe we found it much easier to get distributors who valued quality and want to be sure they were getting the right thing.
How did a Chinese company get your specks. Did they revers engineer your product or did Keg-King use a Chinese company to manufacture it's mill?

Thats where your mistaken, They are ALL THE SAME CHINESE MILL keg king just resold that same chinese mill along with everyone else!
That's why I bought a mill made in USA. I looked and looked for more buying options but did not see many. Monster or Crankinstine.

Back