Keg dry hopping or dry hop in primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppy_Sanchez

Reaction score
So I Brewed a Blind Pig clone w oak added 7 days to the primary. I also threw in 1/2 oz of cascade and 1 oz of centennial 7 days into primary. The recipe calls to rack off into a secondary or keg. Right now I don't have another fermenter to rack off to.

I either want to try keg dry hopping or just throw in the 1.5 oz of additional dry hops to the primary.

I have read that you should to rack off the beer from the oak chips (especially after 7 days) tho when I took my gravity reading I didn't get much oak flavor. Also after 7 days hops will get grassy like flavors..

All I'm adding is 1/2 oz - 3/4 oz of Amarillo and simcoe for an additional 5 days.

If I do dry hop in a keg w the hops in a grain bag, will there be any hop sediment? Should I also cold crash if I'm adding more hops in the keg?

Need some feedback. Tomorrow is the day I should rack off and dry off again. I have a clean keg ready to go. Just need to make it to my local home brew store for a grain bag. I honestly rather just drop these hops in and next week rack to a keg.

So I Brewed a Blind Pig clone w oak added 7 days to the primary. I also threw in 1/2 oz of cascade and 1 oz of centennial 7 days into primary. The recipe calls to rack off into a secondary or keg. Right now I don't have another fermenter to rack off to.

I either want to try keg dry hopping or just throw in the 1.5 oz of additional dry hops to the primary.

I have read that you should to rack off the beer from the oak chips (especially after 7 days) tho when I took my gravity reading I didn't get much oak flavor. Also after 7 days hops will get grassy like flavors..

All I'm adding is 1/2 oz - 3/4 oz of Amarillo and simcoe for an additional 5 days.

If I do dry hop in a keg w the hops in a grain bag, will there be any hop sediment? Should I also cold crash if I'm adding more hops in the keg?

Need some feedback. Tomorrow is the day I should rack off and dry off again. I have a clean keg ready to go. Just need to make it to my local home brew store for a grain bag. I honestly rather just drop these hops in and next week rack to a keg.

Dry hop in the fermenter, dry hopping cold is incredibly inefficient.

I just went with it and threw in the additional hops in the primary. I've read other home brewers doing 2 weeks w oak in primary. I'll update w a flavor report.

Back