Keg CO2 Carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryhav0c

Reaction score
I did a search and can't seem to find anything regarding kegging your mead to use like in my draft kegerator. What I had in mind was to keg it and then use my bottling setup to bottle with.

Anyone got a link or info regarding carbonating mead in a keg? I think I'm going to start with the one located here, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/light-lemonade-mead-128099/ . It looks simple and sounds tasty.

Thanks!

Yeah, I think you have the right idea. I started carbonating a 5 gal keg of cyser a few weeks before Thanksgiving 2011 (brewed in fall 2010), served it up over the holidays, and then used my beer gun to bottle the rest in 12 and 22 oz beer bottles using oxygen absorbing caps. No downside that I could see... though having sparkling cyser on tap was maybe a bit too tempting :mug:

LOL, I can see that, er happening... I already bottle some beer that way for friends or when I don't want to hassle with carrying a Keg along. Where did you get your beer gun? Did you make it or get a prefab. I rigged one up from a bottle filler. Not even close to the best but as few as I do it suffices.

I've never had issues using my 'ghetto' beer gun (bottle wand jammed in picnic tap, CO2 set to 4psi).

I kept a melomel on tap but it just didn't get consumed quickly and 'robbed' me of space. its hard to drink more than a little mead and not feel wrecked the next day ;)

I have a Blichmann that I got at Midwest when I started kegging. But when it breaks I'm going to go the homemade route. I'll try the bottle wand trick first.

Yum, sparkling lemonade mead sounds good for summer. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back