keg carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashlaz

Reaction score
new to all grain brewing and kegging. i am about to produce my first all grain batch of beer. but my question is more about kegging it. since it is a larger batch than i am used to, 5 gallon, i have purchased a keg and will be going that route. But i have purchased more than one keg and probably will be making another batch before the first is gone, so can i keg the second batch and leave in the keg without carbonating right away or do i need to carbonate right away.

ok thank you so much. i might be able to set it up to carbonate both and just dispense one. but if not i will be leaving one just sit till the other is gone then swap out.

Keg = really big bottle.
Do anything you want, the beer won't mind...

Cheers!

As long as you purge the O2 adequately from the headspace using multiple CO2 pressurize and vent cycles (or use closed transfer into a pre-purged keg.) Don't vent after last cycle.

Brew on :mug:

Back