keg camping cooler - foaming issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRL

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i got my hands on one of those keg coolers and decided to try it out this past weekend to see what kind of issues I would run into... and ofcourse as I half expected.... constant foaming issues.... I was getting around half half of foam.. id constantly get BIG airgaps in my lines as well....

I tried lowering psi increasing ect.... im just assuming its from transporting it from my place to my friends it got shook enough to give me problems.

What do you guys do when lugging kegs around to prevent this? keg was cold and I had packed the cooler with snow / chunks of ice from outside.

What do you mean "keg cooler?" What type of tap are you using: picnic tap, quick disconnect with faucet or shank and faucet? I have a rolling Igloo cooler with a shank and faucet installed and use 11 feet of beer tubing. I have no foaming issues even after rolling it around for a while.

If you keep getting air in the lines I'm more inclined to say you have a leak somewhere. Check all your connections (use Teflon on any threads) and inspect the lines for any holes

I just used a picnic tap 6ft 50L sanke D keg.

I do admit I expected some minor issues as the beer line isnt keeping cold but the air gaps formed almost instantly in the line after pouring a beer.

I had left it at the same PSI I serve from my kegerator which was 12 psi but it was still getting big air gaps. i lowered it down to 8psi just to serve and didnt help any either. tried burping it for a little bit... no luck

GPLOqsf.jpg

m2kll7A.jpg

if your getting no foaming issues after transportation ill def have to do some more tinkering.... ill double check and see what shape my beer line O ring is in coming off the coupler. but everything seemed to be in working order as far as equipment goes

Back