Keg Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a boo boo.. I might have used too much priming sugar 3/4 of a cup when I keg my imperial Russian stout.

Don't worry about it. When you're ready to give it a try, if it's overly carbed, just put the keg on a venting regimen until you tame it down...

Cheers!

okay. Its been over a week since I keg it... I am going to let it sit until January 7th at my other families Christmas party..

Just got my co2 filled tonight. I am going to hook it up tomorrow. If I already primed it with sugar do I need to put extra co2 pressure or can I leave itfor at 10psi for serving

Just got my co2 filled tonight. I am going to hook it up tomorrow. If I already primed it with sugar do I need to put extra co2 pressure or can I leave itfor at 10psi for serving

If it's carbed up, you can just set it at the correct pressure. well, actually even if it's NOT carbed up, you can just set it at the correct pressure.

I'd suggest pulling the pressure relief valve when you hook it up, just in case the pressure inside is higher than your co2 pressure. It'll keep the beer from backing up into your gas lines and regulator.

Had about 3 beers from the keg. This beer is going down too smooth. Nice head. Not as bitter as I thought it would be. And its not over carbed with 3/4cup of priming sugar.

Back