Keg and Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
I thought about buying the 2.5 gal korny so I could keg half batch and bottle half batch. Kegging really does'nt let the beer age so bottling half would let you see how a beer ages and let you drink it at the same time. Has anyone been doing this?

If you have enough kegs to allow one or more to be out of service, you certainly can, and I do, age my beers in the keg.

John

.5 gallon kegs will be hard to find. Morebeer.com has new ones for $74.95 in their catalog. They do come in handy.

If you only want half a keg of brew, siphon into the cornie & add the primer. Put 1-2 psi on it and burp a couple times to purge the air. Then bottle using your party tap.

Since you can draw a small sample from the keg, it is much easier to keep track of how it is aging and all of the brew in the keg is aging the same way.

i can get 2.5 gallon kegs at my lhbs for 37.50 reconditioned. thought it might be good comparison.

gabe said:
i can get 2.5 gallon kegs at my lhbs for 37.50 reconditioned. thought it might be good comparison.

Hey Gabe, Does your LHBS have a webpage? 37.50 is the best deal I've seen on 2.5 gallon cornies, does he have a lot of them? I have also thought about kegging half a batch and bottling the rest, so the 2.5 gal. cornies can serve that purpose and be available for potential portability as well. :mug:

Jason

No website yet, it's a fairly new store and they just are getting situated. Thought this was a good idea to bottle2.5 and keg 2.5 . Drink and save!

Flyin' Lion said:
Hey Gabe, Does your LHBS have a webpage? 37.50 is the best deal I've seen on 2.5 gallon cornies, does he have a lot of them? I have also thought about kegging half a batch and bottling the rest, so the 2.5 gal. cornies can serve that purpose and be available for potential portability as well. :mug:

Jason

What's their phone number?

Back