Keezer thermometer fell out....frozen kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyPolock

Reaction score
Well apparently when I moved my keezer from inside my garage to right next to my door that leads into my house the temperature contoller came out of my keezer causing it to work on its own thermostat. In short I now have some frozen kegs.

What does this mean for my beer??? I have a pretty full keg of a really good porter and probably a 1/2 full keg of apfelwein. My third keg on tap is nearly empty, and the fourth was just kicked. I really would hate to lose a full keg and a half of sweet deliciousness.

I already turned off the gas and bled a little bit of pressure out, is there anything else that I need to do when it thaws???

My temp probe is on a long wire and it actually flopped out one time causing all my kegs to freeze. I noticed very little difference and your beer will still be fine and drinkable when warmed. Wait until they are completely thawed and then shake them well. The first tap will be like syrup if you don't, it must separate and drop to the bottom. I remember wondering why the big boys didn't freeze the kegs to keep them fresh in transit.

Your kegs may warp causing the lids not to seal. It's happened to others before.

Latest posts

Back