Keezer temp question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Koepke

DaveK
Reaction score
I have built my keezer. I cannot accurately dial in the temp with just the freezer dial alone. I do have a temp controller that I can add. Should I leave the freezer temp dial as close to the desired temp I want when hooking up the temp controller or should I just crank it freezer dial and let the temp controller do its thing? What's better or more efficient? What's the best serving temperature, 40 degrees for most?

Thanks!
David

Last edited:
It should not matter, unless there is a possibility that you may set the on-board thermostat higher than the external thermostat (which should not be the case). The refrigerant will be cooled to the same low temperature no matter where the on-board thermostat is set. The compressor will only kick on when the external thermostat tells it to.

I have set my keezer and my ferm chamber all the way to cold, and let the temp controller do the work. IMHO the digital controller is more accurate than the analog cooling censor coil.

Back