Keezer Rebuild After First Died

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirkomatic

Reaction score
Everyone has seen a million keezer builds, so I'll just post the "finished" pictures. I just finished, except for the gas lines from the manifold. I'm waiting on some swivels and washers to arrive.

My old keezer died a while ago, and I finally got around to putting together a "new" one.

My old chest freezer was twice the size of the old one I bought off a friend, so I cut down the collar and salvaged what insulation I could. It was old foam insulation board which really wasn't cut all that well in the first place. I patched what I could, then used great stuff crack filler to fill in the gaps and build up where I had cut poorly before. Then I taped on a layer of Reflectix. This one should be solid insulation-wise :)

I reused my Ranco temp controller, manifold and fan. I purchased a new EvaDry 500. My old one was trashed.

For this rebuild, I purchased new Intertap stainless faucets and replaced all the lines with Ultra Barrier gas lines, Eva Barrier beer lines and DuoTight fittings.

It's not super fancy, but it should work pretty well.

Attachments

• 20210421_222235.jpg
    20210421_222235.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20210421_224118.jpg
    20210421_224118.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Back