Keezer Cooler Lines and Air Return

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imburr

Reaction score
I am migrating from a kegerator and 1 beer line setup to a keezer and 4 beer lines. Keezer is in basement, which is 5 feet away horizontally and maybe 8 feet vertically. Total pipe length will maybe 15 linear feet of pipe from keezer to tower.

My plan is:

Run the length in 1 1/2" PVC. Wrap 4x 3/16" beer lines in tape and put into pipe. Put a 1/2" vinyl tube into pipe.

Then force cold air into pipe to tower. Then the return will be the 1/2" vinyl. Then I would wrap the entire pipe in insulation.

Will this work? Looking for the most cost effective method to cool.

It sounds like it may work. The only thing I'm wondering is: How are you going to force the air into a 1/2" tube with enough force to move it 15'? I've got two 120mm high speed fans in my keezer. One in the riser and one in the keezer. It's only 2' of rise and they are just adequate enough to keep the first pour cool.

I'm always looking for ways to improve my setup.

I'll use 2 server torpedo fans, one sending it out and one pulling it back. Should be enough to move the cold air provided there are no leaks.

I thought you were going to say some type of computer fan. I've tried a bunch of different fans with different tubing materials. I ended up going with the largest fans I could turn at max rpm without having to invest more cash in a giant power supply. I have not tried a torpedo fan but they look huge. You may have better luck them me. Post how they work I may have to buy one.

I thought you were going to say some type of computer fan. I've tried a bunch of different fans with different tubing materials. I ended up going with the largest fans I could turn at max rpm without having to invest more cash in a giant power supply. I have not tried a torpedo fan but they look huge. You may have better luck them me. Post how they work I may have to buy one.

If you get them out of a blade server, like a 1U Dell Poweredge, they are tiny (but noisy). They run off of 12v or 15v, so you could use a laptop power brick. For instance, this type of fan. They have 30 CFM which move some air.

They are tiny, and I use them to great effect. They are quieter than normal sized server fans but still move air. They fit better as well. This is the fan, about the width of a silver dollar. I use two of them back to back and it'll push your hair back. https://www.etb-tech.com/dell-poweredge-r630-system-fan-tgc4j.html

If you get them out of a blade server, like a 1U Dell Poweredge, they are tiny (but noisy). They run off of 12v or 15v, so you could use a laptop power brick. For instance, this type of fan. They have 30 CFM which move some air.
Whoops, replied before I read your reply, same info.

Back