Keezer construction question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r2eng

Reaction score
OK, I have a have a question about building a collar:

Some people mount the collar on the base of the freezer, some on the lid: How are the collars attached to the lid?

You'd think an engineer would figger' this out, but I have had a couple Deschutes Hop in the Dark CDA's.

I have the Haier 5.0, which does 4 cornies w/o the CO2 tank inside.

Thanks!

The lid on my fridgidaire was very light. I simply used liquid nails. After you let it sit, with some weight on it, for 24 hours......"it ain't going no where....."

I just used the product in the link down below for the bottom of my collar and left the lid alone. The weight of the collar, shanks, faucets, lid, thermostat, etc, is enough to keep it firmly in place and sealed under normal use. I just had my first party with it last night and it passed with flying colors.

http://www.frostking.com/windoorweather.php

EPDM RUBBER
Premium
Finest quality weather–strip. guaranteed to retain its elasticity and insulating qualities even after years of exposure to below zero temperatures.

K02.jpg

K05.jpg

Back