Keeping track of brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Boy

Reaction score
I guess this is classed as brewing equipment....I have some computer programming experience, and wrote a little program to keep track of all my brews, beats keeping a diary! So if you're computer savvy and would like to try it let me know! Otherwise I'd like to know how you go about logging your brews?

I would be interested in checking it out. Currently I keep a log book but always looking for another way.
What language is the program written in?

Roy Boy said:
I guess this is classed as brewing equipment....I have some computer programming experience, and wrote a little program to keep track of all my brews, beats keeping a diary! So if you're computer savvy and would like to try it let me know! Otherwise I'd like to know how you go about logging your brews?

Sure, I'll try it! I keep a record book too. Just jot down ingredients, activity, etc. [email protected].

Thanks Roy Boy!
Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Wow Roy Boy!

I got the program, had to do a quick download of a .OCX file but I got it to work no problems!
Sweet little gem you got here, its going to work great.
I'm going to put some info it and really use the program and I'll let you know what I think maybe could be added or whatever.

One thing right off the bat--
when I click "Search for a brew" I get a runtime error. Its looking for a smartviewpoint.ocx file. I tried finding it on the web but no luck. One site, www.active-x.com supposedly has it but I can't download it--all I get is pop-ups. So I can't use that function, the rest is cool though!

Do you want me to post stuff about it here or send you individual e-mails?

This thing has got serious potential! :)

I'd love to try it out

[email protected]

Right now I use SUDS, which has been around forever, You can Google it. Thanks for the effort! Maybe one of the mods can post your files here or you can attach them to the thread? Cheers! :D

got a Mac version??

right now im doing the old fashiuoned notebook method. at some point im gonna put another binder together (i have 2 right now, one with recipes from the net that we use to base our recipes from, and one with brewing info, hops, yeast, etc) and type every recipe up in an Excel spreadsheet, then maybe put it all into a database program.

I like to use Promash to keep track of brews. I let it keep track of my ingredients inventory as well. There is also space for tasting notes on each beer. My 2 cents.

Prosit,

if it works out great - i have tons of space and bandwidth if you get tired of geocities and ads and stuff...but i will check it out.

I have to agree with the ProMash users.
You can make notes of any deviations you might make in the processs steps. It has all ingrediants and
process variables.

Great value.

Hi sorry I haven't been here for a while and I stopped getting those email reply notification dealys. Heh, I wouldn't know the first thing about using macs, let alone code for one! Sorry no mac version as yet :(

As for doing all the inventory stuff, I guess I actually didn't want to put anything to do with that in...I'm the kind of brewer who might do one batch a month or just when I'm getting low, so the time delay between brewing results even more in needing somewhere to keep all the brew details cause they don't happen as often and everything isn't fresh in memory. That being the case, I didn't really feel the need for a big inventory section since I just buy the stuff for each brew as I need it at the time...I guess that's more it's target market, the frequent but not fanatical brewer. With a bad memory. :D

Roy Boy said:
That being the case, I didn't really feel the need for a big inventory section since I just buy the stuff for each brew as I need it at the time...I guess that's more it's target market, the frequent but not fanatical brewer. With a bad memory. :D

Hey, that's me! :D

dude, great pic of calvin! i miss that comic strip. my wife and i were at Barnes & Noble Bookstore the other day, sippin' joe and browsing through a BIG BOOK of Calvin and Hobbs. laughing our asses off.........classic stuff, classic stuff!

Back