Keeping bottles sterilized?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h_ale_y

Reaction score
Perhaps this question belongs in the beginners section, but it's pretty specific to sanitation, so I've decided to put it here!

I live in a small place, and I really don't have the room to store sanitizer between brewing and bottling, but also can't justify dumping the sanitizer and then making more for bottling.

Is there any method I can use that would allow me to sterilize my bottles on brew day, and keep them sterilized until bottling? I was thinking sterilizing them on brew day, and then using sterile cotton to plug the holes of the bottles and storing them upside down. But is that enough?

You can possibly sanitize, cover (sanitized foil cap), and at bottling spray each bottle down with some sanitizer. A spray bottle of sanitizer doesn't take up much space under the sink. You might want to dry sanitize in an oven and cap with sanitized foil so you won't have to worry about drying.

Back