Keeping a keg cold during a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustatorian

Reaction score
I'm pouring a few of my beers for an outside party this weekend and was hoping to get some kind of vessel/tub to keep the beers cold. I'm trying to steer away from a trash can because the event is a little "classy".

Anyways, any suggestions welcome!

I converted my fermentation chest freezer into a kegerator last weekend to serve at a party. Made a "collar" with a full front and angled sides so I didn't have to mess with the lid. Worked perfectly.

New square cooler from Walmart, about $25. The lid won't shut with a keg in there, just keep it out of the sun and add extra ice.

A bit pricier that a $25 cooler but have you thought about a Jockey Box? If the event is that classy then that would be way more impressive than a simple spigot attached to a hose and disconnect...

A bit pricier that a $25 cooler but have you thought about a Jockey Box? If the event is that classy then that would be way more impressive than a simple spigot attached to a hose and disconnect...

I'm considering it. I have direct faucet attachments to the kegs, so I'm not using cobra taps. So it looks a little better.

Back