KBS clone still flat after 6 weeks on C02

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boarderx3120

Reaction score
Brewed a KBS clone several months back. Recipe here. Long story short, I missed on my mash efficiency and my volume so boiled for an extra 30 minutes to get my gravity back up. Ended up with just under 4 gallons, kegged at 30psi for 24 hours, dropped it back down to 12 and has been there for about 6 weeks. This thing will not carbonate at all, presumably from the oils in the chocolate and coffee (which I assume are more dense in the solution considering my longer boil). I know, I know, keep oily stuff out of the beer, but I just followed the recipe as best I could and hoped for the best. Jeremy Kosminski has this beer figured out so took his word for it.

Aside from starting with a new batch/recipe, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I just read that agitating the keg a few times might help (which I plan to try) but haven't seen any other suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS, the beer ended up a bit dryer than expected but has great flavor and aroma. Just needs some carbonation!

Back