Just want to go home and brew beer...Building on lock down due to bomb threat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlester

Reaction score
My high rise building at Mid-Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles is on lock down due to a bomb threat, and I'm stuck on the 5th floor. Who's the idiot that is ruining my Friday? I just want to go home and brew beer.

Hopefully it's a dud,

Ok pop tarts you can bite me! Damn your brutal.

The others and I thought that keeping us in the building was stupid. So we went down the fire escape stairs and exited the emergency doors. That set off another alarm. We thought it was funny and ran to the back of the building. We didn't know it but two police and a bomb squad cop chased us down. When we stopped to catch our breath we looked back and saw three guys with drawn guns yelling to get on the ground, LOL. Keep in mind we are bankers with business suits. So we hit the ground face first.

I informed them them that I work for the bank. They asked why we exited the fire escape door I responded: I want to get home before its too late so I can brew some beer. One cop busted out laughing, the others stern faced. The laughing cop said I was thinking the same thing. I'm supposed to be off right now, but got stuck on this call.

The bomb was a fake and we all went home.

Having worked for a major bank and going through the bomb threat process, it is pretty baffling why the disaster process involves locking workers in the building with the purported bomb. This was not and is not how things are done with any other company I have worked for. We were never allowed to leave though, but we were forced to sit in a parking lot for hours on end. Not sure a cop would find "I want to go brew" funny if he had been chasing you down with guns drawn, but maybe cops in Santa Monica/LA area developed a sense of humor since I've been gone.

I seriously doubt it. They can be real a-holes. There's a bomb in the building?! Hell yeah,lock them mothers in there till one of admits to it! That'll learn'em!:drunk::confused:

Back