Just tried my first AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birome Brewer

Reaction score
After 5 weeks, I just cracked open my first AG brew. It is a brown ale. Not bad at all. I think another week of conditioning will make it just right. I will be bottling my second AG batch tomorrow, a red ale. I will also start my third batch, a wheat ale. I am offically hooked.

That's the way to do it. Keep brewing. Make sure you keep the fermentation temperature in the right range, be sanitary and age long enough and you will always enjoy your brews.

Congrats on the AG. Nothing quite like enjoying the fruits of one's labor.

Welcome to AG, and congratulations, Side note - Do you have any tips on the perfect Noob AG process?

I read John Palmer's chapter on all grain brewing about 25 times before I began. It gave me a decent understanding of the whole process. When I got my AG recipe kit, I basically went by the instructions that came with it.

Are you looking for tips on equipment? the AG process? all of the above?

If you don't have your equipment yet, that's where you need to start. I use a 48-qt igloo cube as my MLT with a CPVC manifold at the bottom.

As far as the process, I would stick with a recipe that calls for single temperature infusion.

I'll be more than happy to share my limited knowledge of the process with you. Do you have specific questions?

Latest posts

Back