just tried Molson's Blue Moon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
very much reminds me of New Belgium's Sunshine Wheat...

GREAT BEER !!!

I will most definately be doing an orange/coriander wheat beer in the future. :mug:

BrewProject said:

GREAT BEER !!!

I will most definately be doing an orange/coriander wheat beer in the future. :mug:

It's made by Coors. ;) Pretty good stuff, though!

SwAMi75 said:
It's made by Coors. ;) Pretty good stuff, though!
Well, actually he is partly right because Coors and Molson joined together now. Check out Molson's website. It is now Coors-Molson. Molson Canadian = Good Stuff.

Big-Ben-87 said:
Well, actually he is partly right because Coors and Molson joined together now. Check out Molson's website. It is now Coors-Molson. Molson Canadian = Good Stuff.

It was originally brewed by coors around 1995. Even won a world championship gold medal that year too.

Big-Ben-87 said:

By that rationale, Dude's Jeep is a Mercedes. :D

On topic, if you liked Blue Moon, go and find you some Hoegaarden or Celis White. Very nice. And, brewing with orange and corriander is nice.

BrewProject said:

GREAT BEER !!!

Had one at Industry on Friday. Have had plenty of them before, but they are still nice because it often the only beer on tap beside the normal BMC stuff.

Blue Moon will get you started on some expensive Belgian beers. My fav's are Kasteel and Chimay. Tried a few Delirium Tremens...didn't like those as much.

Exo said:
Blue Moon will get you started on some expensive Belgian beers. My fav's are Kasteel and Chimay. Tried a few Delirium Tremens...didn't like those as much.

I've tried Chimay. I liked that one too...

I love Chimay. but it's saved for Fancy Beer Friday because of cost.
PS FBF is the 3rd Friday in a month that has 5 fridays which makes it possible to afford Chimay and such

G. Cretin said:
I love Chimay. but it's saved for Fancy Beer Friday because of cost.
PS FBF is the 3rd Friday in a month that has 5 fridays which makes it possible to afford Chimay and such

yea, the costs is pretty outrageous for Chimay.

Here's to FBF :mug:

Chimay is good, but there many other great choices out there as far as Belgians go. Chimay is prolly the most readily available aside from Stella Artois.

Interesting note on Blue Moon...

It was originally developed at the microbrewery at Coors Field. From what I understand, they're owned by Coors, but are free to brew as they please. It seemed like a pretty cool place to watch a ballgame.

BTW - I like Blue Moon quite a bit

blue moon is one of my favorite beers.

mmm mmm

i was thinking about making a wheat beer with an orange flavor as well.

I love Blue Moon. Unfortunately, if I drink two or more I will definitely get a nasty headache the next morning. This is the only beer that does me wrong like that. :confused: It still doesn't stop me from picking it up now and then.

Well, Hurricane does that too but that is to be expected. :cross:

Back